The Center offers three types of payment methods. The payment methods are the following: a hourly rate, a grant preparation support model, or a subscription model. Certain payment methods are limited to clients of a particular affiliation.
The first consultation is free of charge for all clients. The initial meeting is to define the type and scope of statistical work needed for your project and is limited to 1 hour. The client and the statistician will then agree upon the type, scope, and statistical plan of action.
After the initial consultation to determine the Scope of Work, a Sales and Service Agreement will be drafted for both (Client & CSC) parties to sign. 25% of the agreed upon amount will be charged before the work/support begins. The remaining 75% will be charged on an ongoing monthly schedule. If the project takes less than 10 hours to complete, payment in full will be requested before the project begins.
****New Rates below are effective 10/01/2020****
Table of Payment Methods
|Hourly Rate||Grant Preparation|
|Non-UCI Affiliates: |
|Non-UCI Affiliates: |
Additional information on each payment method is provided below.
Descriptions of Payment Methods
UCI Affiliates – $100
- Payment for this method must use a UCI account and the billing must be performed through the UCI departmental recharge system.
- UCI affiliates not using a UCI account are considered “external” clients and are subject to the policies of the external rates
Non-UCI Affiliates: Non Profit Organizations – $130
- This applies to clients such as non-profit hospitals, universities, colleges, and schools.
Non-UCI Affiliates: For-Profit Organizations – $150
- This applies to clients such as commercial companies and organizations.
Grant Preparation Support Model
- The goal for providing grant support at no cost is to cultivate a collaborative environment that will lead to successful grant applications.
- For grant applications that CSC staff help prepare and write, it is expected that the principal investigator will invite CSC statistical analysts to be included for a percentage of effort as appropriate.
- Department or investigators that require some statistics support may “subscribe” to a portion of a CSC staff’s time.
- Those requesting this model must agree to fund a percentage of effort for at least 6 months. The minimum percent effort for use of this model is 20%.
A billable hour refers to time worked on a project that will be charged to a client according to the contractual rate. The statistical consultant’s work often entails a mix of reviewing, the research for basic understanding of the science or technology, determining the appropriate methodology, programming the analysis, reviewing the analytical results and reporting results to the client. Rarely do statistical consultants merely “plug numbers into a computer”. For a helpful perspective on the role of a statistical collaboration, please read the short, non-technical article from The American Statistical Association’s AMSTATNEWS.